Spring is nearly upon us, meaning that many homeowners are beginning to think about spring cleaning and home improvement projects. One such project is a roof replacement, which, for asphalt shingle roofing, should be completed every 20 years or so. Putting off a roof replacement increases the probability of roof damage and may even put the structure of your home at risk of damage.
That said, is this spring the right time to schedule a Denver roof replacement with your local roofing contractors? It can be hard to know the right time to pull the trigger on this important home project. Here, we’ll discuss the main reasons why you should consider scheduling a roof replacement this spring.
Why Spring Roof Replacements Are Ideal
In most areas of the United States, including Denver, spring an optimal time of year to schedule a roof replacement. In other seasons, there are inconveniences that can make a Denver roof replacement difficult:
- In the summer, the high temperatures and intense sunshine can make it difficult for roofing contractors to complete roof replacement projects.
- In the fall, many roofing companies have packed schedules and homeowners have hectic back-to-school schedules. This can make it tricky to squeeze in a roof replacement.
- In the winter, low temperatures, snow, and ice can make it dangerous to replace a roof.
In fact, temperature extremes in the summer and winter seasons can make it impossible to properly install certain roofing materials. Asphalt shingles have sealant strips that need to adhere to your roof for proper installation. When the temperature outside drops below 45℉, the shingles won’t adhere to the roof as they should. Conversely, in extremely high temperatures, asphalt shingles may begin to melt, diminishing their durability from the offset.
The main benefits of completing your roof replacement in the spring include:
- Mild temperatures: During the spring, temperatures are typically mild and won’t interfere with the ability to replace your roof.
- Efficiency: In the summer and winter, weather conditions may delay your roofing project, extending the timeline far beyond what it would be otherwise. By scheduling your Denver roof replacement in the spring, you can prevent delays and get the project completed more efficiently.
- Less scheduling difficulty: Roofing companies are usually extremely busy in the early summer. So, it will be easier to schedule your roof replacement in the spring.
Signs That It’s Time To Replace Your Roof
You Notice Damage in Your Attic.
When it’s time to replace your roof, you may be able to easily identify the roof damage from your attic. Water stains on the walls or beams and light shining in through the roof (in the daytime) are key signs that your roof is on its last legs. To prevent more damage to your attic, you should have your roof replaced promptly.
Many of The Shingles are Damaged.
If you own a shingle roof, extensive shingle damage is a major sign that your roof could use a replacement. Storms and extreme weather conditions can take a toll on your shingles, leading to dented, cracked, punctured, broken, and even missing roof shingles. While individual damaged asphalt shingles can typically be resolved with Denver roof repairs, if many shingles are damaged or if your roof is already nearing the end of its lifespan, a full roof replacement will likely be your best option.
The Flashing is Damaged.
The flashing is the corrugated metal installed on certain areas of your roof to prevent leakage. Flashing protects the areas around chimneys, skylights, and vents, as well as other areas with roof seams, from water damage. Since the flashing plays a large role in preserving your roof’s lifespan, severely damaged flashing could mean that you’ll benefit from a roof replacement.
Your Roof Warranty is Up.
Many roofs come with warranties, either from the material manufacturer or the roofing company. If your roof’s warranty is over, it may be a good time to complete your roof replacement. Getting a Denver roofing professional’s opinion, in this case, will ensure that you don’t complete the replacement prematurely.
For a Denver roof replacement, contact Clearwater Exteriors today. Our experienced team will ensure that your new roof is built to last.